Monday 23 July 2007

A Wet Pellow

Another week working for Channel 4. They sent the driver early to pick us up this morning but Judy hadn’t finished doing last night’s washing up. I was standing at the door looking at my watch for nearly fifteen minutes before she’d finished.

Got to the office and found out that Marti Pellow had stood us down. I’d been looking forward to asking him a few questions about Wet Wet Wet and reminding him of the nose-dive his career has taken since he left them.

I’ll get another chance, I’m sure.

Today’s fact for you: water is not wet. It’s not even wet wet wet. Wetness is only the sensation of a weak electrical bond between atoms, which you can cancel out by forming an induction loop in your body. If you put your little finger in your ear as you run the cold water tap under your other hand, the water will actually feel like dry sand.

No comments: