Thursday 18 December 2008

Acorns

For the benefit of my three regular readers and the woman that shares my sofa, I’ve decided to do a good deed. To be honest, Judy has been on at me for a time to help my friend out and now I’m going to do just that. Of course, she’s also been asking me to rake the leaves but I’ll begin with my friend. This way there’s little chance of finding some half rotten owl droppings with Bill Oddie’s fingerprints all over them.

It all comes down to a matter of tone. The simple fact is that this blog has become a bit crowded in the past couple of months. The reason is obvious: I’ve been struggling to fill this blog and maintain my hectic schedule. I’ve also been enlisting the help of friends to produce material. Unfortunately, I see that it has been confusing. Such a variety of voices makes it sometimes hard to follow. So, from now on, when the occasion calls for it, I’m going to be promoting my friend’s blog, which you can find here. On days when I can’t blog myself, I’ might direct you over there. Assuming, of course, that he has anything interesting to say.

I can’t make any allowances for my friend. I don’t even recommend his blog, and certainly not for those of you looking for a quick hit of celebrity goodness. He lacks my sense of fun and a little too sincere in the things he says. I’m simply doing a friend a favour and hope that you’ll follow my advice and click this link.

3 comments:

Brit said...

I think separating the voices is a wise move.

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Brit, I think you're right. He's better off over there. If I continue, I continue without his constant whinging. To be honest, he was becoming a bit of a burden. Good riddance, I say.

Anonymous said...

I concur! Following your and David's cheeky identity crisis games has been fun, but I look forward to appreciating his work in a less Madeley-centric environment.

...Who is the third regular reader? And why haven't they commented?